Friday, April 12, 2013

Seattle/Vancouver trip, day 7

Seattle is the first place outside of Germany that makes me feel as if I was back there. People are very nice but surprisingly reserved - tango dancers who hardly hug off the dance floor, listen intently but are not very interactive in class, show emotions while dancing but don't say anything after the tanda... On the third day for the first time somebody asked me if I needed a ride to the milonga, where I was DJ-ing, on the fourth another person offered help with my 15 pound bag, and today somebody expressed verbally having enjoyed dancing with me. It just makes me feel propelled back to Berlin, where people are really nice but it takes them a whole while to open up and warm up to one.

In any case, I am happy I got to stay here long enough not only to see that they don't have anything again me, but that they can actually accept me and may be even be glad I came to visit. I've been having quite a lovely time dancing and working here, and am looking forward to a few more days of inconsistent weather but consistently nice people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment