Friday, April 5, 2013

Vancouver/Seattle trip

My first time to Seattle. Arrived on a super bumpy flight, still managed to sleep though, after having gotten 2.5h of restless sleep at home the previous night. Would only wake up when the pilot would firmly say "Seat belts on!" It sounded urgent every time, and it felt urgent, honestly.

At 11am I was in Seattle. They have a wonderful, new, clean, silent and fast train called "Light Rail" going directly from the airport to downtown Seattle and more. I got of at Beacon Hill station. Nice area, residential, with beautiful gardens and slightly run down houses. Left my luggage at the house of a friend and went to chase some coffee in the "multitude" of restaurants, as I was told, which then turned out to be 2 restaurants, one taco stand, one coffee shop, one bakery and one little store. Awesome! The coffee shop, called "The Station" was the only place that had cold coffee, so I went there. Great coffee! But really - great coffee! I am not a coffee snob at all but I do appreciate a good coffee. I ended up spending 3 hours there chatting to the guy, who was preparing the coffee, and to all the visitors, who knew him by name and seemed to be coming there as much for the company as for the coffee.

Now I am heavily caffeinated and really tired. Time for an hour of sleep before my "host" comes home and we head up to Vancouver. The day is far away from over for me. But it was a good start. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved your Buenos Aires updates on fb. Try to compile them also in your blog. Happy blogging. I am your regular follower. You write so well and you dance like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kiran! I am already writing a blog about the BA trip and will start publishing it next month. It's a long one. :)

    ReplyDelete